Playtest Release 0.1.8
Playtest 0.1.8 is now available!
Small patches, but big impact - restarting the level should now be almost instant. Some other fixes too.
Due to a well-documented side-effect of OpenGL's lazy shader compilation, there will be some initial lag when new materials spawn for the first time. This can include:
- Sliding for the first time (ground particles)
- Silkworm projectile spawns for the first time
- Shooting for the first time
- Spawning plants for the first time (including grappling)
Unfortunately, there is no "fix" for this yet - except some nasty workarounds which I will have to look into until Godot 4.0 comes out.
- massive improvement to level reload time
- Visuals: grapple hook now has cute little leaves on it
- POTENTIAL FIX for the weird grapple issue (where sometimes the grapple charge is depleted but the grapple doesn't actually happen)
- Fix timer bug: timer would continue ticking while the game was paused
- Grass LODs are now continuous (should fix grass chunks suddenly "appearing")
Get Spring Dash
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.